The Tree Veneration Society – MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY INSTAGRAM COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This promotion is only open to Australian residents, aged 13 years or older. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and any agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to win. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
5. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
HOW TO ENTER
6. This promotion is a game of skill. To enter you must:
a. Visit attend the Olloclip workshop (hosted by the Tree Veneration Society) at Science in the Garden – Living Laboratory at the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney on Sunday 18th August, 2019, & take macro photos of anything to do with trees using the macro lens of an olloclip (supplied) at or after the event.
b. Post your photo/s to Instagram and include the following hashtag in your description; #tvsscience19 and #olloclip and tag and follow @treevenerationsociety
c. Please note, the hashtag is not case sensitive and your Instagram profile must be set to ‘Public’ for us to view, and therefore judge, entries
7. To enter you will require an Instagram account and internet access
8. The following prize is to be won:
- One First Place prize consisting of one (1) Olloclip Fisheye & Super-wide & Macro Essential Lens kit (fits most devices)
9. The promotional period will be open from 18/08/2019 until 01/09/2019.
10. There will be only one (1) winner selected. The winner will be contacted via Direct Message on Instagram by 06/09/19.
11. A shortlist will be judged and drawn up by members of the Tree Veneration Society and the winner will then be selected by the Vice-President and the President of the Tree Veneration Society. All Judges will be looking for the most interesting and visually striking entries that engage with the theme of looking closely at trees. The entries will be judged on the following criteria: a. quality, not quantity; b. originality; and/or c. creativity.
12. The Judges’ decision is final. The winner will be contacted using the details provided on entry.
13. If the prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up a prize or be contacted within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited and a supplementary winner may be awarded the prize, at the sole discretion of the Tree Veneration Society.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or not received by the relevant closing date for any reason.
15. The prize is non-transferable and no other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize-winner to take up the specified prize.
16. It is a condition of entry that you agree to public posting with the hashtags and following and tagging @treevenerationsociety Instagram account.
17. You agree to allow the Promoter to post your name and Instagram handle as part of the promotions.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
19. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Facebook and Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook/Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of administering the promotion.
22. You may enter as many times as you like, as long as within competition start and end dates.
23. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants from this promotion if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion.
25. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
26. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with Australian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
27. The promoter of this promotion is Tree Veneration Society (ABN30310946507) of 33 Creek Street, Forest Lodge, New South Wales (“Promoter”).